Our favorite breakfast food, no matter what time of day you like to eat breakfast :)
The basis of the Muesli (yes, that's how it's written in Switzerland) is the buckwheat sprouts. After that, it's up to your creativity and taste.
Since buckwheat is gluten-free, you don't have to be as careful when combining it with fruit as you would with a classic porridge (which can cause flatulence when combined with fruit).
Here are a few of our favorite ingredients for Muesli:
- Fresh seasonal fruit (e.g. grated apple).
- Seeds/nuts/dried fruit (all soaked overnight).
- Oat milk or another vegetable beverage
- 1 tablespoon of cold-pressed linseed oil (rich source of important omega-3 fatty acids)
- pinch of salt
- Cardamom &/or turmeric
- Fresh lemon/orange juice
- Mung bean sprouts (Marco's favorite!).
With so many possible variations for this Muesli bowl, it never gets boring. The satisfying base stays, the flavor changes daily.